This week we lost one of the most celebrated basketballer of the 21st century. The tragedy took place when the helicopter he was traveling in crashed and burst into flames in the hills above Calabasas. He was traveling with his daughter, a baseball coach and 6 other people.
Kobe was on his way to a basketball camp in Thousand Oaks California where he was scheduled to coach and his daughter Gianna who also died in the crash was going to play.
Kobe was recognised as a legend even while he was alive and in addition to his talents, he also shared his wisdom with the world during his interviews. Below are some of his legendary quotes that will live forever inspiring ages to come.
- Everything negative – pressure, challenges – is all an opportunity for me to rise.
- I’ll do whatever it takes to win games, whether it’s sitting on a bench waving a towel, handing a cup of water to a teammate, or hitting the game-winning shot.
- These young guys are playing checkers. I’m out there playing chess.
- The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do.
- Winning takes precedence over all. There’s no gray area. No almosts.
- Once you know what failure feels like, determination chases success.
- I realized that intimidation didn’t really exist if you’re in the right frame of mind.
- I’m reflective only in the sense that I learn to move forward. I reflect with a purpose.
Kobe Bryant “the LEGEND”, we celebrate you.